Saturday, November 20, 2010

assignment 1

Your reflection/learning's on Technopreneurship 1 (at least 2000 words)

As far as I could remember the first time I heard that I have this technopreneurship for our elective class I asked myself, is this a joke because I never heard of a certain word before such as technopreneurship. But as the days come by upon viewing the Pirates of Silicon Valley I asked again, what do these guys (Steve Jobs and Bill gates in the movie) do with our subject? Don’t tell me we are going through the history and all of these two people? Then again I was wrong. We were viewing the movie to see how good technopreneurs they are. How can they be as successful as a technopreneurs during their days or time? From then on I realized something, technopreneurship it business related to technologies, technology entrepreneurship in short technopreneurship.

We had several meetings and the first was we viewed this movie entitled as “Pirates if Silicon Valley”, I wondered, what does this two guys (Bill Gates and Steve Jobs) do with our subject? Are we going to under go each of their history? This would be something I’m not expecting to happen. We viewed this movie for a certain reason; we are viewing the two most perfect examples of a good technopreneur of their time. I was amazed by the thought “good programmers copy, best programmers steal.” And that is the thing that Bill gates did. He stole the idea of Macintosh and makes it as his own. He tricked Steve Jobs as if he wants to work for his company yet the truth was he was there to secretly steal the program itself. Steve Jobs, hysterical as always, asking Bill Gates what he did or how he did it not even been noticed. Well, Bill Gates was just a great programmer himself. Calmly even under pressure he answered every question Steve Jobs asked. There I knew, as I good technopreneur, you may not have much good ideas but you can gain from the ideas of other people and simply improve it just like what Bill Gates did.

The next meeting I heard we were about to have an exam. I thought, what is this, surprise exam? As far as I could remember Sir Gamboa is not fond of giving exams specially surprise exmas. Who would want that? And so we entered and we sat and so he gave us a test, an EQ test or so called as Emotional Quotient. To test how emotionally attached are we to something’s, to know if are we greedy as a technopreneur, lack of technopreneurial skills or what. I got the most common score, an average technopreneur at least from then on I know what are the things I lack and the things I need to improve from myself. The next day we were assigned to answer the following test such as the, IQ so called as Intelligence Quotient and the AQ or the adversity Quotient. Upon answering the questions I was in a bit hurry because I don’t want to be late for my next class. After the deadline of the assignment Sir Gamboa said “as much as possible answer the test with a calm mind and calm environment” and so I took the test again calmly without anything on mind. I got a higher score than before, and so it was true. Read the meaning of Adversity Quotient from the internet and it says, ”Adversity Quotient (AQ), which tells how well one withstands adversity and his ability to triumph over it. By understanding the concept of AQ we can better understand how we and others react to challenge and adversity in all aspects of our lives. In fact, how people respond to adversity is a strong indicator of ability to succeed in many endeavors.” Another thing is it’s not all about the intelligence that are needed to succeed as a technopreneur. Emotional stability, intelligence and head over adversity must be in balance for you to be successful. Because what are you going to do with your intelligence if you yourself don’t know how to interact with other people, how will you face everything if you don’t know how to handle adversity? That is were the point of balance comes into mind.

I enjoyed this subject no as much as I did with the other subject, simply because I got more deeper understanding with things because of a good instructor. He taught us about making a business out of our like, dislikes and irritations. He asked us to list all the things we like, love and irritates us. I wondered what for? Another open forum thing and make fun of other people’s answers? Well making fun of other people’s answers is really fun that makes the subject a little bit exciting, because you don’t know what to expect. Back to the subject, after listing the likes, love, irritants, Sir Gamboa explained why he wanted us to make a list. It is simply because with that, upon knowing what we like, love and irritants, we can avoid it upon building up a business or even be the start of our technopreneur business.

To wrap it all up Intelligence Quotient is a test to know your intellectual capacity as a person, while the Emotional Quotient is a test to know how emotionally you can be attached to something and while Adversity Quotient is a test to know how you cope up with stress. As I was doing this paper I knew there are a lot of definition for the three different tests but the point is if I am to relate it to technopreneurship, it don’t always mean that the most intellectual person succeeds there are also some possibilities that also a dumb person but with the most wise ways can also prosper. We always need to be sensitive with other people’s feeling and temper is not a key for people to feel that you are superior. You should show them that you are intelligent enough to have you r own perspective that is accordingly to the ideas of other people and not letting emotional interferences can cause the stress and heat up the conversations. In short all the personal traits such as the Intelligence Quotient, Emotional Quotient and Adversity Quotient go hand in hand to be a successful technopreneur. Nothing in this world can stop anybody or even me from prospering if I can only use these three personality traits in accordance in what

I do.
I never thought these things will be learned in this subject, Technopreneurship, I though that we will only be though how to sell technologies as related to our course but it also teaches us on how to be a successful technopreneur by simply applying what we learned on our personality traits test. There are a lot to know amongst oneself Intelligence Quotient, Emotional Quotient and Adversity Quotient are the tests that would help us determine our weaknesses academically, emotionally or even on other aspects that we face in our lives. Just like what a professor always say”JUSTCHILL”.

As a technopreneur I learned that we should always be open to new ideas and not stick to old once, the old once can be an inspiration to improve it and to improve it and be sold that other people might need. The personality traits helped me on knowing my weak parts and improve it like old technologies improved for the new generation to be used. Let us not be selfish on the knowledge we know. Nobody will be able to appreciate what we do unless we let them know about the good things that our knowledge could give them.

Another thing is Sir Gamboa thought us aboot the SEED. Self mastery, environmental mastery and the ED will soon be discussed this sem. By the way self mastery is about knowing oneself just like what Sir Gamboa let us do listing our like, love and irritants, that is a good example of self mastery. It is getting to know oneself.

Sir gamboa gave us an assignment asking what would be our purpose if for example he had gotten all out purposes in life, then what would be our use? And so I thought of writing“my purpose in life is .....”

Knowing that for example Sir Gamboa took all my love, family, work my roles in the community and to the world, then, what would my purpose be? How can I be a preacher when I don't know what to preach? How can I be a student if I don't know were to go? How can I possibly start something now when I don’t even know where to start? Then I came up with a thought or an idea called the “SERENDIPITY WALK”.

I will walk and walk and walk till I have an idea to know my purpose knowing I am already useless. Once I would bump into somebody I would like to have a little chit chat with that person know his/her wants and needs and do it to others so that I will have an idea with my life, maybe just maybe I will bump into my real purpose. Till I came to a point and realized nothing happened just for nothing because everything has its own reasons and purpose. From that point on, I will start doing my purpose and my purpose id to make friends know what they want and need because maybe just maybe I might have the answer to their problems.

Live life with a purpose and my purpose is to know you and help you give solution to the things you might be needing help on

And we came back to Steve Jobs commencement exercise. What was it about and what were the things I learned upon reading it. Another thought I would also like to point out,” I’m pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn’t been fired from Apple.” in his commencement you would notice that he was so happy to fail and learn that there are things more better than what he already had. Things may be taken away from you but unknowingly there are a lot of other things that are far more that what you imagined you would happily have.

“Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers.” Said by Steve Jobs and which is also true. There are things you need to learn the hard way. Life does not spoon feed you all the things you need to know, it sometimes make you fall from a high cliff and fall on your head just to make you realize that your not for that situation or position were you are right now. You may be doing it because they said so but doing it without loving what you do is a whole different story because you would never be successful if you yourself know that you never loved what you do. It’s like being in a commitment with someone you never love. A prison without any chance of being free.

And the most perfect line that Steve Jobs said “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” Live life to the fullest nobody want to die but still it is one of our final destinations. Play our own role; don’t pretend that you’re the other person because you’re just wasting time doing the things that are not meant for you to be done “Do your part play your role.”

Lastly we was said to post our own ideas of what would our business would be or given a chance what business would we want to have? Given the chance to have my own techno business I would likely to impose a business that would be on my personal interest because I know that doing the things you love and love the things you do will make a good result of whatever you are doing. It may not cause much and not earn much in the start but knowing that I love what I do would make a huge difference in everything that is upfront for me now. I may not have much of an idea for now but for now I would like to have a simple yet unique concept. But then again some may ask what does this mean? What is its difference with the simple entrepreneurship? Well, it is as simple as more than any other factor; innovation drives sustainable business growth and long term profitability. Innovation is a function of intellectual capital. Intellectual capital is the single most important asset in the knowledge economy. High-tech and entrepreneurial skills are driving our economy back to prosperity. Technopreneursip-merging technology prowess and entrepreneurial skills- is the real source of power in today’s knowledge-based economy. A technopreneur distinguishes logic from tradition, tradition from prejudice, prejudice from common sense and common sense from nonsense while integrating a variety of ideas from diverse groups and disciplines. More and more companies are now trying the techno business style it is more of more efficient and more interactive towards the user.

Technopreneurship does not end in the four coners of the room but extends to wherever you want to extend it to, you got the choices and as long as you got the thing you need to succeed you will reach that far as much as Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did.^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of person that is somehow uncomprehensible yet easy to be with